Hi there and welcome!
Before I had kids, dogs were my first love. I still adore my dogs, of course, and can’t imagine life without them. However, my career and hobbies no longer revolve around dogs like they used to.
Table of Contents
Here is a little bit about me and my pet ownership and dog experience.
The first pet I ever owned was a tuxedo cat named Mr. French. She was the “most expensive free cat I ever saw” according to my husband. We adopted her and they weren’t entirely honest with us and she had multiple health issues. But she lived out a nice long (expensive) life with us.
Our first dog was a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog named Macy.
We just fell in love with the breed the first time we saw one. Since then, we’ve had five: Macy, then Mell-O-D, Pixie, Mango and now Barkley.
Barkley was born in the fall of 2022, so we’re doing all the puppy stuff again.
Here are some highlights of my dog and veterinary experience.
- Former Board Member of the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Club of America
- Former Office Manager and Veterinary Assistant-two clinics in Kennett Square, PA and Centerville, DE
- Former Instructor for a Veterinary Assistant Program in Lancaster county
- Instructor/Evaluator for AKC Canine Good Citizen program
- Pet therapy with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and PAWS for People
- American Red Cross Instructor for Pet First Aid
Are you looking to get in touch?
I know it sounds weird, but please email me at IEP@ADayInOurShoes dot com. I’ve recently taken over ownership of this site, and still working out all the details (like email addresses!). But, that is the primary Customer Service email for my company. Thanks!