If you are struggling with removing dog hair from a carpet, you are in the right place because, in this guide, I will tell you how to get dog hair out of the carpet using 7 different methods.
How To Get Dog Hair Out Of Carpet?
Mix one part of fabric softener with three parts of the water and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray the solution on the targeted area of the carpet to remove dog hair from the carpet. Alternatively, you can sprinkle some baking soda. Vacuum afterward to finish it off.
Table of Contents
I tried the baking soda method, and it was unique because it also gives you the benefit of odor control.
One of the most effective techniques is getting my hand wet and rubbing it on the outdoor carpet and furniture. When I got my hand wet and went through the carpet, the hair got collected nicely into a ball, and I disposed of it quickly.
So, by using this technique, you will end up with your hand full of dog hair. It may sound unpleasant, and it will be, but frankly, it was one of the easiest ways for me to quickly remove any dog hair before it gets any deeper into the fabric of my furniture.
1. Using Baking Soda (The Most Popular Method)
One of my favorite and most effective ways to remove unwanted dog hair from the carpet is baking soda. Baking soda is a compelling and efficient way to remove dog hair from any furniture, even carpet, effectively.
If you don’t have baking soda in your home, you need to get your hand on it and gather it from baking soda and a vacuum. You must realize that baking soda will remove the hair effectively and is also going to remove any dirt or stain from the carpet.
If you don’t know, then let me tell you, baking soda will not only remove the hair from the carpet but will also leave your house smelling great. Now, let’s learn the proper baking soda procedure to remove dog hair from the carpet.
How To Get Dog Hair Out Of Carpet Using Baking Soda?
- Take some baking soda and a vacuum.
- Apply the baking soda on the carpet or to the target area.
- Give it a few minutes to sit.
- After 5 minutes, vacuum the area.
2. Using a Squeegee or Sponge Mop (My Method)
You need a rubber squeegee because I recently found that a rubber acts as a hair magnet somehow and removes the hairs from any fabric.
You can efficiently remove any hair from the carpet within a few short strokes by using a squeegee. It is also possible to even remove and gather the hair that was trapped more profoundly in the fabric.
How To Get Dog Hair Out Of Carpet Using Sponge Mop Or Squeegee?
- Get a sponge mop or squeegee
- Now, brush away the areas that contain dog fur using a rubber squeegee or sponge mop.
3. Using Fabric Softener (DIY Method)
You can get the dog hair out of the carpet using fabric softener in your home. It is a very effective DIY method that requires only knowledge and some work to get it done.
You will need a fabric softener from a reputable brand, a vacuum, some water, and a spray bottle. You will need to mix one part of a fabric softener with the three parts of the water and then put it into the spray bottle you choose.
How To Get Dog Hair Out Of Carpet Using Fabric Softener?
- Mix one part of the fabric softener with the three parts of the water and pour it into the spray bottle.
- Spray a tiny amount of solution as a mist in the targeted area of your carpet.
- After a few minutes of applying the solution, vacuum it up properly.
Look, it’s no doubt that beginners or first-time dog owners will find it difficult to remove dog hair from the carpet. They may choose to use the help of a professional.
Getting pet hair out of a carpet is not a thousand of dollar thing and can be quickly done at home by anyone if done correctly. However, contacting and getting professional help is one of the easiest and most reliable ways to restore your carpet to its original natural and healthy condition.
4. Using Rubber Brooms (Great For Carpets With Deep Pile or Retro Sag)
A rubber broom works like a squeegee. If there are few hairs on a carpet, then a rubber broom will help you remove them. Rubber brooms work great on removing pet hair from any carpet.
How To Get Pet Hair Out Of Carpet Using Rubber Brooms?
- Apply some fabric softener if you have some or spray with water.
- Brush away the targeted area of your carpet using a rubber broom.
- Rinse the broom for reuse.
5. How To Remove Dog Hair Out Of Carpet Using Rubber Gloves?
- Get your hand in the gloves.
- Run your hand to the targeted area of the carpet firmly.
- Give some sweeping strokes to make the hair gather into a pile, then vacuum it to finish it off.
6. How To Remove Dog Hair From Carpet Using Hair Brushes?
Now, it’s time to learn how to remove dog hair from a carpet using a hairbrush. You need to look for a hairbrush that comes with very stiff metal bristles and start brushing it on the carpet as simple as that. Here, brushes are also effective and can do wonders on any embedded hair in your carpet.
You need to give it a sweet stroke and then vacuum it to finish it off, just as I said. From my personal experience, I am saying that you should always avoid any hairbrush with a very sharp bristle because it may ruin or damage the carpet’s fabric. Now, let’s learn how we can remove dog hair from a carpet using hairbrushes.
- Get a brush that has stiff metal bristles.
- Run the brush on the targeted area of the carpet.
- Now, vacuum the area to finish it off.
|1||Scalpmaster Wire Cushion Brush||$8.49||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Conair Salon Results Hairbrush for Men and Women, Hairbrush for Everyday Brushing with Wire Bristles...||$3.88||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Annie Wire Cushion Wig Brush||$5.98||Buy on Amazon|
7. How To Remove Hair From Carpet Without Vacuum Using Lint Roller?
A lint roller is a straightforward tool that can help you remove your dog’s hair from the carpet within a few minutes. If you don’t know what a lint roller is, let me tell you, a lint roller has a sticky surface that can be run on the carpet to collect all the hairs. Why opt for an expensive method when you can go with the lint roller?
It is one of the most inexpensive ways but an effective way to remove the hairs in a pile. However, it has been noted that this method takes time. You should avoid using a lint roller if the carpet is extensive or you need to clean a larger surface.
- Get the best quality durable lint roller that has a sticky surface.
- Roll the sticky surface on the targeted area surface of your carpet.
- Avoid using the lint roller on a larger surface.
|1||Scotch-Brite Lint Roller, Works Great On Pet Hair, 95 Sheets||$5.37||Buy on Amazon|