Which Milk is Good for 2 Month Old Puppy? 5 Safe Brand Recommendations
Which Milk is Good for 2 Month Old Puppy?
Most dog owners are unsure of what to feed their puppy once it reaches 2 months old and how many times it should be fed.
You might be wondering if your puppy should continue to drink milk and which milk is good for 2 month old puppy?
Table of Contents
Our favor is its mother’s milk.
A new four-legged friend is one of the best times for any family, and it is crucial to understand all of its feeding needs.
If you follow a healthy diet routine for your puppy, you are probably feeding them 4 to 5 times a day in small portions.
Once they hit two months, changing their meals or feeding routine is highly recommended.
What milk can puppies drink?
Ideally, your puppy should stay with its mother to get proper nutrition from its mother’s milk. After that, you can start to wean your puppy.
It is highly recommended to feed dog milk to puppies from their mother. However, if your puppy is not living along with their mother, providing cow milk can be a good option.
Brand-new puppies receive all kinds of protection from germs via antibodies in the mother’s milk.
The puppy’s mom will produce milk that is rich in a substance called colostrum that provides strength. In this way, a puppy can fight all of the infections.
That is the reason that we recommend mother’s milk for a 2-month-old puppy.
When a puppy reaches 8 weeks old, processed or canned milk is never a good option for them. It may cause diarrhea or an impaired digestive system.
Best milk for puppies?
As mentioned above, for young puppies, no milk is better than their mother’s milk. Also, providing cow milk would be a second option if their mother’s milk isn’t available.
Providing the best milk for puppies is crucial to keep them safe from all infections or bacteria.
If your puppy is not living with their mother and your vet is not allowing cow’s milk for them, then a milk replacer is also a good option.
Before mentioning the list of milk replacers, let me tell you that it is best to provide a healthy lifestyle for your puppy.
Most brands are offering milk replacers that are rich in essential minerals along with vitamins to provide strong bones and healthy coats for puppies.
Baby formula for puppies
This is a complete list of dog milk replacements for puppies. Dog parents can purchase any of these milk replacers after reading the ingredients along with the nutrients.
Luckily all of the brands are offering high-quality products, so you can bring any of these even without seeking a second opinion.
If your puppy is allergic to a particular food, then you must avoid certain milk replacers. It is highly recommended to consult a veterinarian to know about the allergy of your puppy.
Esbilac Puppy Milk Replacer Powder
The quality of this replacer is excellent. That is why many vets recommend it.
- Rich in vegetable oil along with a milk-based formula
- The blend is easy to digest
- Fortified milk is highly rich in essential minerals and as well as vitamins.
- Enough to fulfill the nutritional needs of puppies
- Dog parents can store or refrigerate this even after mixing
- The milk is completely free from artificial flavors and colors
- It is highly recommended by vets
- Suitable for almost all dog breeds
Nutri-Vet Milk Replacement for Puppies
This milk replacer has a lot of highly positive reviews. Preparing the formula is relatively easy too.
- The formula is rich in amino acids along with proteins and minerals
- Recommended for large or small breeds
- Can be stored after mixing
- It does not contain artificial flavor or colors
- Easy to digest
- Never causes vomiting or diarrhea in dogs.
- Fulfills all nutrition needs
Goat’s Milk Esbilac
- Goat milk is the top ingredient of this specific formula
- You can store the milk even after the mixing
- Contains minerals and as well as vitamins.
- Enhances the immune system of the puppies
- Enhances digestion
- Helps with strong bones and a healthy coat
- It does not contain artificial flavor or color
- Vet recommended
- Easy to digest by most dog breeds
PetLac Milk Powder for Puppies
Just like the other brands, the place is also offering a healthy and robust source of nutrition for the puppies.
- Has minerals and vitamins
- Boosts digestion and the immune system
- Free from fake colors and flavors
- It does not cause lactose intolerance in puppies
Manna Pro Nurse All Non-Medicated Milk
Manna Pro Nurse makes products for dog owners and ranchers for a variety of animals.
All of the protein comes from milk and is made without soy.
- Rich in protein
- Has vitamins and minerals
- Meets the nutritional needs of puppies
- Easy to prepare
- Storable even after the mixing
- Provide proper functioning for the digestive system
- Free from artificial colors and flavors
- Helps create strong bones, teeth, and shiny coats